16. The experiment _______ the discovery of a cure for cancer.
A. happened to
B. led up
C. resulted in
D. set up
17. To produce one pound of honey, a colony of bees must fly a distance _______ to twice around the world.
18. I did not mean ____ anything, but those apples looked so good I couldn’t resist ___one.
A. to eat…trying
B. to eat…to trying
C. eating…to try
D. eating…to trying
19. I had hardly sat down _______ he stepped in.
20. In his time he enjoyed a reputation _______.
A. as great as Mozart, if not greater than
B. as great as, if not greater than, Mozart
C. as great, if not greater, as Mozart
D. greater, if not as great as Mozart
16.C 17.B 418.A 19.A 20.B
版权保护: 本文由 福建成考网提供，转载请保留链接: 2020年成人高考高起专《英语》考前练习题及答案二十一