11. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A. guilt B. charge
C. blame D. accusation
[答案] C. blame.
[注释]take the blame for 对......承担责任。Take charge of 负责管理 (照顾) 。[注意]charge 前无冠词the.
12. The worker agreed to _____ the strike if the company would satisfy their demands.
A. call for B. call forth
C. call off D. call up
[答案] C. call off [注释] 详见III,25,26注释。
13. I could just see a car in the distance, but I couldn't _____ what color it was.
A. look out B. make out
C. get across D. take after
[答案] B. make out
14. He has impressed his employers considerably and _____ he is soon to be promoted.
A. eventually B. yet
C. finally D. accordingly
[答案] D. accordingly.
[注释]accordingly (=for that reason, therefore) 因此, 所以。
15. It was a great _____ for him to be pleasant to people he didn't like.
A. attempt B. trouble
C. power D. effort
[答案] D. effort.
[注释] effort (作可数名词用) (=vigorous attempt) 努力的尝试：Does it require a great effort of will to give up smoking? (戒烟需要坚强的毅力吗?)
版权保护: 本文由 福建成考网提供，转载请保留链接: 2020年成人高考专升本《英语》练习题及答案三