1. Today is Jenny‘s wedding day. She _______ to Thomas.
A. just has got married
B. has just married
C. was just married
D. has just got married
2. Every officer and every soldier _______ obey the rules.
A. had to
B. have to
C. has to
D. must have to
3. Rarely _______ so difficult a problem.
A. she could have faced with
B. could have she faced with
C. she could have been faced with
D. could she have been faced with
4. ______ a dog on the road, the car stopped.
A. Having seen
B. On seeing
C. The driver seeing
5. I asked my teacher _______.
A. what courses should I take
B. should I take what courses
C. I should take what courses
D. what courses I should take
6. Comrade Li promised to help us and he said he would come ______.
A. right away
B. all at once
C. all of a sudden
D. all right
7. There aren‘t many pandas ________ in the world today.
8. Such electron tubes ________ in a radio set are also found in a TV set.
A. that we use
B. as we use
C. as we use them
D. that we use them
9. It _______ to me that he was jealous.
10. One of the requirements for a fire is that the material ______ to its burning temperature.
A. were heated
B. must be heated
C. is heated
D. be heated
11. Please ______ me at the station on time.
B. to meet
12. _______ “hello”, he reached out his hand.
C. To say
13. People are more _______ to spend money on goods with an attractive look than those without.
14. It was ______ he saw the doctor coming out of the emergeney room with an expression as grave as a judge _______ he realized the seriousness of his wife‘s illness.
A. not untilhellip;that
15. Please telephone me half an hour _______.
A. in charge
B. in advance
C. in time
D. in front
16. Both Mary and Ellen, as well as Jan, _______ studying Chinese History.
C. are being
D. is being
17. I‘d like to _______ him to you for the job. He is a very clever and industrious boy.
18. It ______ that 200 people died and over 5,000 lost their shelters after the flood.
C. has been reported
D. has reported
19. He was asked to speak louder ______ all the other students in the classroom could hear him.
B. so as to
C. so that
D. so as
20. His report on the space exploration was really ________.
1.D 2.C 3.D 4.C 5.D 6.A 7.A 8.B 9.C 10.D
11.C 12.B 13.B 14.A 15.B 16.A 17.C 18.C 19.C 20.A