1. In the world no country has exactly the same folk music ___B_____ that of any other countries.
2. We must leave the party at exactly 9:00, __D______ we’ll be late for work.
A) for else
3. My friend, Lily, doesn’t like swimming, ____C_____.
A) so I don’t
B) so do I
C) neither do I
D) neither I don’t
4. I think that Police Story is __D____ action film and it’s very exciting.
5. ---Have you ever ___D___ to Sheshan? ---Yes, twice.
6. I hate most action films, ___A____ this is really good.
7. I felt thoroughly ______B__ in the crowded Manhattan.
8. Please help ____D__ to make a cake, will you?
9. Jack wants to find a job to earn some money. Here “ earn” means___C___.
10. Do you know the reason ____D____ she got so angry yesterday?
A) for why
B) for that
11. My father had a cold the day before yesterday. So __B____ I.
12. The more we looked at the abstract painting, ___A_____.
A) the less we liked it
B) we like it less
C) better we liked it
D) it looked better
13. Young people regard Bob Dylan as __C______ other musicians.
A) more better than
B) more superior than
C) superior to
D) more perfect to
14. It was ____B____ who arrived there first, despite our detour (绕路).
15. I have _____ idea. But you can go to the policeman ___B__ help.
A) not, to
B) no, for
C) not, and
E) an, in
16. ---“It’s six o’clock and your father is still at the office. ” ---“I know, who else would ___D_____ he does?”
A) be as hard working as
B) as working harder than
C) do harder work than
D) work as hard as
17. ---“How many presidents were there before Abraham Lincoln?”---“Fifteen.So he was ___B____ .”
A) The sixteen president
B) the sixteenth president
C) president sixteen
D) president the sixteen
18. They say Mexico City is more populous than ___B_____ in the world.
A) any City
B) any other city
C) any else city
D) any rest city
19. I wanted to go home but my wife ____C____ on going to the concert.
20. Have you finished your homework? This lesson is ____D____ than the last one.
A) more easier
B) more easy
C) very easier
D) much easier
21. The meeting will be held in ____B____.
A) 112 Room
B) Room 112
C) the 112 Room
D) the Room 112
22. When he was in his ___D_____, he got the chance to go abroad to study.
C) forty’s years old
23. ___D_____ was once regarded as impossible has now become a reality.
24. When the school master is away, Mr. Johnson will be _____A___ the whole school.
A) in charge of
B) in favor of
C) in honor of
D) in regard to
25. In his speech he __B______ his experience as a teaching assistant.
A) returned to
B) referred to
C) stuck to
D) turned to
26. He tried his best in the first game, but was ___C_____ by the little boy,
27. General George Brown was older than ___B_____ in his regiment ( 军团).
A) any officer
B) any other officer
C) any others officer
D) any officer else
28. Most of the time my computer is used for _____B____ music.
B) listening to
D) to listen
29. There are about several ___D____ students in our school.
A) thousands of
B) thousand of
30. The harder they worked, _____B___.
A) they seemed to do less
B) the less they seemed to do
C) they were doing less
D) D. they did less